Fast firmware update
To update Rample:
- Pull the micro SD card from the slot
- put the micro SD inside the SD adapter and insert it in your computer
- drag the "rample.bin" file into the micro SD card (do not change the file name)
- insert the SD card in Rample
- power on Rample while holding the encoder and wait a few seconds
- the version is displayed in the Settings INFO menu
Every bug reports & suggestions must be sent here: squarp.net/contact
August 12, 2020
- STEREO SUPPORT: 16bit 44.1kHz sereo WAV files are now supported. Please refer to the manual to create stereo-compatible kits.
- Layer playback mode (manual, random, cyclic, ...) is now per voice
- Envelopes (attack and decay) are now exponential shaped, for a more natural and musical sound.
- Autosave current kit: Rample will load the last kit you used on start-up.
- New quantize slicer values: now you can now choose between Free, /8, /16, /32, /64, /12, /24, /48
- Circular scrolling kits: Scroll past Z99 and end up back at A0, and vice-versa.
- New advanced parameters display: 2 dots instead of 3, for clarity.
- MIDI CC60 = select layer mode all voices, CC61 = layer mode voice 1, ..., CC64 = layer mode voice 4
- MIDI CC70 = randomize all voices, CC71 = randomize voice 1, ..., CC74 = randomize voice 4
- MIDI CC80 = reset all voices, CC81 = reset voice 1, ..., CC84 = reset voice 4
- FILTER and LEVELS glitch: first few milliseconds of sample were not being processed
- Fix manual layer bug leading to freeze
- Fix LAYER CCx9 wasn't working
- Changing kit with program change did not display the right kit
- SAVE SETTINGS was sometimes very long
- CV IN 0>5V range was wrong
- PC and Bank Select (MSB) CC#0 are switched: PC now selects the KIT BANK and Bank Select now selects the KIT NUMBER
- Improved SAVE/STORE
June 17, 2020
- new layers mode: press assign then press ① ② ③ or ④ to enter the layers mode: the screen displays the running layer of the voice. If setting LAYERS = MANUAL, you can select the layer will the encoder, and the layer will change at next trig (press the encoder for instant select & listen).
- MomentaryFx : when holding ① ② ③ or ④ while playing with an effect parameter knob, the effect will be set back to its original value after releasing ① ② ③ or ④.
- MomentaryFx : when holding ① ② ③ or ④ while playing with the main encoder, voices effect parameters will be set back to their original value after releasing ① ② ③ or ④ (pressing the encoder apply the momentary parameters).
- double press LISTEN to stop all samples
- when selecting a kit, pressing ① ② ③ or ④ will display the name of the sample on the screen.
- new assign parameter: TRIG FREEZE (TF) in order to control enable/disable the freeze effect, independently of the freeze "amount" (the freeze amount must be different from 0 to hear it)
- new visual feedback when creating mute groups
- midi input: midi messages AllSoundOff, AllNotesOff and ResetAllParameters are now considered
- midi input: CCx9 to select sample layer
- midi input: now you can use CC99 instead of Program Change
- the selected samples layers are now saved with STORE KIT
- new setting ANTICLIC (now you can disable it to get the best out of your clicky sounds)
- new setting VUMETERS (disable it, or change the way the sound is displayed)
- audio crackles during start & end of playback fixed
- SD read/write issues fixed (do not corrupt the files any more)
- filter effect: amount is now smoothed to avoid notches
- now all types of .wav files are compatible
- save settings was reseting samples run modes
- now the ENV parameters (attack and decay) goes from 0% to 100% of the sound)
- beginning of sample was not processed by the filter effect
- setting CV IN = 0V +5V was not working well
- setting PITCH = CHROMATIC is now calibrated
- audio signal was reversed (impractical when using your output as CV, DC-coupled waveforms)
27 January 2020
First version distributed with the batch #01, beta-tested.