Is it possible to use my EU intra VAT number?
Yes: You can use your company intra-community number. In our webshop, filling a company name in the form's address section will reveal a VAT number field. The 20% tax will be removed at checkout (only for European Union countries, except France).
Will I pay taxes when ordering on your webshop?
EU countries: a 20% value-added tax (VAT) will be added at checkout.
Other countries: import duties may apply at reception of your parcel, depending on the country of delivery.
Are your products covered by a warranty?
Yes: our products come with a 2-year warranty when ordered from our webshop store.squarp.net, covering manufacturing defects and hardware faults.
We also offer out-of-warranty servicing. For more information, you can contact us.
Can I return a product if I don't like it?
You have a right to cancel & return your order within 14 days. The following conditions apply:
- The unit needs to be in perfect condition, both aesthetically and functionally
- It has to be returned in its original, like-new, package, with all accessories included
- The shipping costs for the product return are at the buyer's expense.
MK1 / MK2 / MK3 versions
The electronics, the connectors, the software and functionalities for these 3 versions are identical.
MK1 is the first version, the body is manufactured in steel, a plastic printed overlay is applied on the top.
MK2 improves the housing (100% aluminium body, no plastic overlay), the touchpad and screen integration.
MK3 improves the screen integration, logo silk-prints are modernized, and some pads are now printed in black.
Impossible to update firmware
Make sure that you deleted the old "PyraOs.bin" file and you added the new one.
New firmware has to be named exactly "PyraOs.bin" inside the root of the SD card.
NOT working examples:
Remember to press and hold the main encoder when powering on Pyramid.
Impossible to change the mode
If you can't enter a mode (LIVE, STEP, TRACK, SEQ) maybe you are pressing the pad for too long (a long press enables shortcut features). Try to press the pads shortly.
My encoder does not click anymore
Sometimes the knob is too close from the enclosure and the rim touches the faceplate preventing the encoder to click.
What you can easily do is:
- remove the knob, by pulling it gently,
- put a little piece of paper inside the knob, in order to elevate it,
- put the knob back on the encoder shaft.
Which USB controller works on the USB host port ?
You can find the complete list of MIDI USB controllers we personally tested and found compatible in the manual.
You can use any kind of microSD card, of any size, but please make sure to format it with FAT-32. We strongly advise you to use our official Hermod SD card for more safety when saving and loading projects.
We recommend to use the sdcard.org firmware to format the microSD.
Full disclosure, we've never experienced any issue of grounding noise with Hermod ourselves. According to user feedback, it seems quite rare. We know that ground problems can be really tricky to troubleshoot, but here's a list of tips, to help you reduce the noise of a module:
- try changing the position of the module in your case
- try not screwing the module in the rails, to see if it reduces the noise, or maybe use plastic screws
- try a different AC power supply adapter (or use a linear power supply, the best way to get rid of noises)
- try an other eurorack case (or an other 12V/-12V/5V power board)
- try an other power outlet in your studio, without using outlet power strip
- if the problem appears only when you use the USB HOST, use a special Y usb cable that power your usb device with a separate supply
Recently, we added new settings you can use to reduce the ground noise:
- try setting MISC > PAD LEDS = HIGH LUM
- try setting MISC > RGB LEDS = LOW LUM
Impossible to update firmware
Make sure that you deleted the old "hermod.bin" file and you added the new one.
New firmware has to be named exactly "hermod.bin" inside the root of the SD card.
NOT working examples:
Remember to press and hold the main encoder when powering on Hermod.
Which free software can I use to convert my samples?
We recommend using Media Human Audio Converter, available for Mac and PC. These files must be in a standard .wav mono or stereo format, 16-bit or 8-bit, 44100 Hz. There is no size or duration limits, you can even play hours-long samples.
Some of my samples are glitchy, noisy or not playing
This is usually a sdcard formatting issue. Either something went wrong during the latest format of your SD card, or the filesystem somehow got corrupted. To fix this, you need to follow these steps:
- format your SD card (FAT-32) with this software.
- add the content of this zip package inside the SD card (to get back your kits).
This procedure will also fix latency and save/load problems.
Can i use a third-party microSD card in my rample?
The one we use is the best we could find in terms of "worst case speed" and in terms of stability, whereas most manufacturers advertise and optimise for the "average speed". Even top-of-the-line SanDisk SD-cards are optimised for the average speed, which means that sometimes, for no apparent reason, the SD card was unresponsive for 10ms, which is unthinkable in terms of audio latency.
Long story short, we had to do quite some research to find an SD card which was right for the job, and we would advise against trying other ones, at the risk of poor performance of your module.